Thursday, January 12, 2006

Living in Goroka (for a week anyway)...


....(Lapilo base) doesn't feel like I am living in PNG it is not until I look outside the gate that I realize that I am in Papua New Guinea.

On a side note how is our crate going. At the moment we are living out of one suitcase as some of our luggage is in cairns still as the family we flew with had a lot of things. I don't know if people know how important it is that we get our crate here. The longer it takes the longer we go without our things and the more money we have to pay in renting things of the mission. This is something we don't want to have to do for very long.

Our digital camera's LCD screen seems to be effected by the humidity we have had it for 2 years and have used it a lot. It may be on its way out. We are going to put it into a hot box but we may have to get a new one. So that is Prayer Request. We will let you know what happens.

Anything that anyone wants to send to us as in larger items than what can be sent in the post have them put it into the crate as we are not charged GST on anything in the crate the first time it is shipped anything after that (if we were to send another crate) we would be charged Tax.

I will write again soon after we have been in Hoskins for a few days. I am sure I will have a lot more to write then.

We love you all and miss you I feel like I am at home here. It is wonderful. We have TV here in Goroka which is a luxury. PNG TV is very interesting and funny.

Love Johnathan Candy and Malachi

1 comment:

Rodney Olsen said...

I can't remember whether my brother and his family stayed in Goroka or whether it was just that they brought home some coffee from Goroka.

Either way - DRINK THE LOCAL COFFEE - it's delicious.