Saturday, January 21, 2006

Kimbe

Kimbe Town Centre

We ventured into Kimbe the local town about 30 min drive from Hoskins base with Rory and Mary Fuller. They are the people who will be taking us through Orientation. We only got 15 min down the road and had to turn back as we did not have any petrol. In town we visited the local markets and bought veggies. There were lots of people and a lady even grabbed my hand and said something to me but I could not understand her. We then made our way into Kimbe town.

We first went to a store called, as we would know it, Kmart well they call it the same thing but it is Kimbe Mart. We picked up a few groceries and then headed to the local resort by the water called Liamo's for Lunch. It was nice to sit by the water and have a nice lunch. After lunch we walked around the resort and had a look at all the animals. There were Eagles, lots of other birds a tree kangaroo which looked like a dog and lots of mozzies which loved my ankles. We then headed back into town and headed to Papindos and looked for Curtin material.

I caught someone shoplifting I guess it is my retail background I am always on the eye out for suspicious people. He put the item down his pants right in front of me. I don't know what he was thinking. I think he must have thought I was invisible. We told a guy who works in the store and they went after him. We bought some nice material. Johnathan went to get his license with Rory but the line was really long and there was only one guy working and they were really busy so they left. In the store next to Papindos they had really slippery slate and Malachi and I nearly went for a sixer on the floor. I now know why people here in Kimbe scuff there feet on the ground.

No comments: