Saturday, July 15, 2006

Snorkel Day

*Note: Just made the photos bigger so you can see what you're looking at.

Today we were up at 6:00am and dropped Malachi off at Nana and
Grandad’s and headed out with another family and a national family to an Island were we were going to have lunch and do some swimming and snorkeling.

The boat ramp

We arrived at the Narley’s house and they put the boat into the water. They literally put the boat down a cliff onto the beach and then into the water. Then they put on the motor. We all got in, there were 10 of us and headed out to the Island. Well ¾ of the way there the wind started to pick up and the waves were getting choppier so we turned around. Johnathan and I were sitting in the back of the boat and we were wet.

Our Anchor

We then headed into the opposite direction and went to a reef. All but 3 of us got out of the baot and snorkeled. I (Candy) will do it next time and the sea lice didn’t entice me into the water. The water was crystal clear and of what I saw was beautiful.

Variety of Starfish

The different bright colored fish, starfish, coral was just beautiful and I imagine as the other have said that underneath it was spectacular. As one said just like in a movie.

Snorkeling

We were out on the water 3 hours and that was enough to get wet and sun burnt which we are feeling the aftermath now. The rest of the day we have felt like zombies sleeping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Candy its kerstin your best buddy from good ol' Corio South Primary. I;m so proud of what you are doing at the moment! You have so much courage. I'll write soon promis. Lots of love. Kerstin

Pfingston said...

My little boy is a bit younger than yours. What a beauty! And my little girl is just awed by the starfish and the beautiful flowers and strange bugs we found while scrolling through your blog. I was pleased to come by your way through a long trail . . . but lets just say, it really is a small small world after all.